January 14, 2014 Newsletter
Overture, Curtains, Lights – It’s Auction Time!
That’s right – we’re gearing up for the 25th annual Westside Spirit Auction. This year’s theme is Westside Musical. You’ll hear more about the significance of this special musical and performing arts salute for Westside in the coming weeks.
Auction season is an exciting time. Our annual Spirit Auction is critical to supporting Westside’s operations, and there are opportunities for everyone in our community to be involved.
Please keep an eye out for this bi-monthly newsletter, which will have all the latest information on volunteer needs, procurement highlights, tickets and everything else you need to know about the big event! And now, without further ado….
Your Westside Musical “Cast”
A huge thank you to this year’s Auction Committee!
- Amy Eby – Auction Chair (Revenue & Procurement)
- Paula Wilkinson – Auction Chair (Logistics & Facility)
- Andrea Ross – Auction Chair (Logistics & Facility)
- Sue Winter – Bar
- Aaron Anches – Catalog
- Marcia Strackhouse – Class Art Projects
- Carmel Schimmel – Clean-up
- Val Legler – Corporate Sponsorship
- Carmel Schimmel – Database
- Karin Frissel – Database
- Cause Haun – Database/Merchandise
- Cabrelle Abel – Decorations
- Yvonne Frankovich – Dessert
- Meg Simmons – Graphics, Live Auction Slide Show
- Kristin Mariani – Marketing/Communications
- Janel Lardzibal – Online Auction
- Janelle Russell – Procurement
- Susan Zarnick – Raffle
We’re still casting for the roles of Volunteer Coordinator (for the night of the auction), Business Thank You Notes, and Mover & Set Up Chair. Please contact Paula Wilkinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Andrea Ross (email@example.com) for more information.
Your Westside Musical “Producers”
We’d also like to thank this year’s sponsors – we’re so grateful for their support!
- SPIRIT Signature Sponsor: Paw Treasures (Thank you Westside parents Elissa and Matthew Clough!) You can find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pawtreasures.
- SPIRIT Supporter Sponsor: Viscon Cellars (Thank you Westside parent Ben Viscon!)
Additional sponsorships are still available. Interested? Contact Valerie Legler for more information. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Act I – Procurement!!!
Procurement is our top priority for January, and we need everyone’s help!
We’re taking your auction donation ideas NOW through January 31. All donations made by Friday, January 24 will be entered into our Raffle Drawing for two FREE auction tickets.
Need inspiration? Previous years’ catalogs are on the auction table in the school’s front hall, and our Procurement Team is on standby ready to assist. Here are a few thought starters:
- Buy-In Parties (always a big hit; partner with another family or two and host a Karaoke night, Salmon Bake, Mexican Fiesta, Just Dance Party – no matter the theme, these are a guaranteed great time)
- Your favorite local retail or fun activities (batting cage sessions, bowling nights, gift cards – everyone can use them!)
- Vacation getaways (offer a vacation home, or maybe your favorite hotel will donate a night)
- Sports tickets (Seahawks, Mariners, Storm, Thunderbirds – we love it all!)
Have a donation item?
Just fill out the online donation form at https://westsideschool.ejoinme.org/itemdonations, or submit your paper procurement form at the auction table in the front hall. You’ll find extra forms are there as well.
Would you like to hear more procurement ideas? Learn more about the auction? Join us in the MPR for Coffee & Snacks on Thursday, January 23rd, 8 to 9:30 a.m.
Do you have some time to spare (just a little, or a lot!)? Click here to volunteer and help us with the auction: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4AADA96-20141.
Questions? Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions.
Auction Procurement for the 25th Annual Westside School Spirit Auction is underway! Come in to school to see former auction catalogs for ideas. All donations submitted by Friday, January 24 will be submitted into our raffle to win TWO free auction tickets.